As Avvio’s Creative Designer, you’ll be part of the dynamic marketing team, reporting to the Head of Marketing. This role is varied and fast-paced – always adapting to the landscape within the hotel and travel sectors, as well as the business needs. You will be supporting the implementation of Avvio’s exciting marketing strategy and work closely with colleagues across the business to implement Avvio’s commercial ambitions for global markets.
The responsibilities as Creative Designer would involve:
- Act as brand guardian, and main point of contact for Avvio’s corporate brand, including management of the brand centre.
- Work with the Sales, Customer Success and Marketing teams on company and customer branding exercises, materials and layouts, brand book and brand guidelines.
- Manage the graphic design elements and all requirements of the corporate brand.
- Create graphics and oversee the management of, including, but not limited to, logos, company insignia, corporate sales and marketing literature and materials, document templates, newsletters, rich media (mainly video and animation), event collateral and other items as required by the business on a day-to-day, and project basis.
- Assume Project Management duties for strategic sections of future website development.
- Work closely with software testers to ensure test scripts adhere to best practices and regulations, and ensure maximum compliance.
- Research and design bespoke websites, assuming all tasks involved including layout design, CSS styling, page building, image and content population, CMS training, testing and post go live follow up.
- Work independently to achieve team goals and reach target timelines, meeting or exceeding individual KPIs and objectives.
- Work with internal teams to identify improvements to all current documentation and development of design process documents.
- Lead development discussions on new projects, internally and externally from a UX perspective.
- Assist the Head of Creative with critical projects and customer facing web design.
- Assist the Head of Marketing in the management and design of the CMS, corporate website, and branding across social media.
- Deal with occasional design-related queries from customer and internal departments, and contribute as an escalation point for queries on key accounts.
- Represent the end user by asking the right questions that get to the heart of what hotel customers want, and empathise with their goals and needs.
- Record and monitor accomplishments and ongoing issues, participate in achieving resolutions to identified issues, keeping the Head of Marketing and key stakeholders informed.
- Understanding of when ‘GETGO’ (Good Enough To Go Out) is reached and not over-tweak design concepts and layout work.
- Attend calls and meetings with customers, partners and colleagues to discuss all design related queries as requested.
- Contribute to the annual Marketing Plan.
- Work with internal teams to assess Marketing support needs, and continuously identify improvements to all current processes and practices.
- Solve problems creatively and recommend alternative solutions.
- Attend calls and meetings with customers, partners and internal staff to discuss marketing related queries as requested.
- Internal reporting to colleagues on a project-by-project basis.
- Provide support and assistance where needed to other departments within the company.
- 3+ years’ experience in a design related role and experience in a similar role.
- Strong design portfolio highlighting digital work.
- Third level qualification in a graphic/web/multimedia related area.
- Experience designing clean, visually engaging, goal-driven websites and interfaces.
- Experience of digital content loading/publishing; use of a content management system.
- Excellent IT skills, especially with Adobe Creative Suite / WordPress / Photoshop / Dreamweaver / Illustrator / HTML / Web Design / PHP / Google Suite / Microsoft Office.
- Excellent time and project management
- Comfortable working in a busy design environment.
- Enthusiastic and structured approach to workloads with good problem solving abilities.
- Excellent verbal & written communication & interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organisation and time management skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail and design.
- The confidence to share opinions and listen to others.
- Proficient in English.
- Previous experience in a support role to a Head of Creative or in a B2B marketing environment.
- The ability to work as part of a remote team.
- UX design knowledge and experience.
- Ability to write clean, SEO friendly HTML and CSS. Excellent knowledge of web-standards.
- Bring inspirational to the team by encouraging ideas and innovative design approaches and processes.
- Desire to learn about new technologies and developments.
This is a permanent full-time role is London based in Avvio’s London office in Hammersmith (with one/two days per week working from home where required following probation period). Occasional travel is also required between Avvio’s UK and Ireland offices, attendance at events, supplier and client meetings.
If you are the type of person who could add value to our company, we would like to hear from you.
To apply for the role, please send a covering letter and a copy of your CV to email firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0)7714 788008 for a discussion on the opportunity.