Avvio are currently seeking a Senior Developer to join the Web Delivery Team in our Limerick office (but can be remote for the right candidate). We have created a bespoke website builder product on WordPress specifically for our hotel customers using Advanced Custom Fields (ACF). We want to continue to build out this product, with a strong focus on it being a secure, dynamic, high performing and scalable solution.
- Develop core features for Avvio’s CMS Platform
- Develop responsive modules & features for various levels of customer websites, including all associated tasks, right the way through to go live, incorporating innovative solutions and industry best practices
- Ensure all development is complete to a high standard as per requirements with a strong focus on performance, in particular those elements that impact Google’s performance measurement scores.
- Ensure all development works seamlessly across the most popular device types, browsers and platforms.
- Work closely with Designers to answer development related queries throughout the design process, so that you are aligned with the end goals for the website.
- Setting up of new CMS accounts for clients.
- Researching and testing new scripts.
- Researching and testing new plugins.
- Setting up new websites on WP Engine.
- Testing and bug fixing your work and on other projects.
- Learn from and contribute to advances in our WP based Platform.
- Contribute to finding and implementing new tools and processes that improves our platform and how we do things in general.
- Work with the Web Delivery team ahead of a new bespoke website build to spec out what is involved in development and set timelines before the project plan is sent onto the client.
- Mentor Junior and Middle level Developers on the Web Delivery team.
- Work with the hosting department ahead of go live to ensure everything is in order to put a website live.
- Work with WP Engine on WP maintenance and updates to ensure all our websites are kept up to date.
- Work independently to achieve team goals and reach target timelines.
- Report regularly to the Web Delivery team on the status of active updates.
- Testing of all codes and scripts on multiple browsers and devices.
- Lend support and assistance where needed to your team and other departments within the company.
- Solve problems and come up with alternative solutions
- 5+ Years’ experience in a similar role.
- WordPress and Advanced Custom Fields (ACF)
- Programming/Software Development degree.
- Deep understanding of HTML5, CSS3, JQuery.
- Experience in developing responsive sites.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills – able to propose several viable solutions to complex problems and be able to evaluate the best alternative and estimate the work required.
- Passionate about technology, design, performance and quality.
- Have excellent communication skills – you are able to make clear and meaningful contributions to design discussions and offer innovative solutions to complex problems.
- Able to offer concise and regular updates on progress and can highlight issues that might affect progress in order to allow preventative action to be taken.
- Can operate effectively in a fast-paced, deadline driven, collaborative and iterative programming environment.
- You will need to develop and debug on multiple operating systems and devices.
- Contribute clean, secure and maintainable code.
- Excellent organisation and time management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to prioritise own workload and work to exacting deadlines.
- Keep abreast of industry standards/practises.
- Willing to learn and take direction from other Senior members of the team.
- Proficient in English
If you are the type of person who could add value to our company, we would like to hear from you.
Please send a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
**We do not require agency assistance with this role**