We are seeking an individual to join our Web Delivery team to create the best digital experiences for our hotel customers. In this role, you will drive overall UX strategy and execution, solving complex problems with an empathetic, analytical, and user-centric approach. Leveraging qualitative and quantitative perspectives, research, and user testing, you will be responsible for prototyping, refining, and realizing UI for various hotel and group website projects. The UX Designer will help define how key constituents interact, using these criteria to create user-centered hotel website experiences.
The office is in Limerick, Ireland but this position could be remote for the right candidate.
- Be a key member of the Web Delivery team and bring the user’s perspective to every hotel website project.
- Generate UX/UI explorations and bring those ideas to life from wireframes and rapid prototyping.
- Develop clear personas and user journeys and gather and create user requirements.
- Implement user research and get prototypes in front of potential users.
- Comfortable using a mobile-first approach to all website design.
- Be instrumental in improving the online customer experience in order to improve conversion and serve the business’ commercial objectives.
- Create low- and high-fidelity sketches, wireframes, storyboards, and visual designs.
- Work closely with Developers and Designers to ensure a high-quality design implementation
- Develop and run prototype testing sessions; A-B testing of design components and flows, information hierarchy validation e.g. card sorting.
- Highly proficient in prototyping tools such as Adobe XD.
- Strong in both UX and UI – capable of leading site redesigns, improvements, and feature updates.
- Research and analyze industry UX/UI trends and competitor sites and strategies.
- Deep understanding of site analytics/metrics and how it should guide UX optimization efforts
- Excellent visual design skills and high attention to detail.
- Strong understanding of UX design methods and approaches to design thinking.
- Have a good grounding in basic UX design principles and methods, and ready to put them into practice and learn more e.g. user journey mapping, personas, customer research.
- Collaborate with the CMS product owner, developers and designers to ensure the final hotel website achieves the customer’s desired outcomes.
- Be passionate about resolving user needs through great design.
- While not required, proficiency in front-end development web programming languages such as HTML and CSS is a bonus.
- Excellent communication and influencing skills – able to present and win approval for concepts from senior leadership.
- 5+ years of experience designing user experiences and interaction design for rich interactive web sites
- Experienced user of Adobe Creative Cloud and UX design software allowing you to create wireframes, prototypes, user flows, and site maps.
- Experience creating websites with WordPress preferred.
If you are the type of person who could add value to our company, we would like to hear from you.
Please send a copy of your CV to email@example.com
**We do not require agency assistance with this role**