The User Experience (UX) Developer is a role that encompasses elements of traditional software development (prototype construction) with elements of design. Your focus in this role will be to bridge the gap between these traditional disciplines, with a focus on maximising the usability of our products across all device types, with the end-user in mind.
This role requires a solid understanding of engineering and design best practices in addition to more specific skill sets such as user psychology, analytics, personas and wireframing.
You should be familiar with industry best-practice frameworks and trends in design and usability.
- Translate user behavior and research into actionable data.
- Create concepts, wireframes, and mockups that lead to intuitive user experiences.
- Design and create mockups and user journeys for a wide range of devices including mobile.
- Strategically create new features and functionality based on user stories and behavior.
- Rapid design and testing methodology.
- Ability to clearly communicate research and design ideas to rest of the team and upper management.
- Experienced user of UX software such as Justinmind, Balsamiq, UXPin, Visio or similar.
- Experienced in graphic design software such as Photoshop, Sketch,GIMP, or similar.
- Ability to plan and conduct user testing, surveys, and formal evaluations
- Work directly with developers to ensure designs are implemented as effective user experiences.
- Diagnose problems and report bugs/enhancements.
- Organise and facilitate testing activities e.g. team exploratory test sessions
- Participate in usability testing, developing user experience standards and requirements.
- Experience in HTML, CSS, responsive design and other relevant web technologies that form the basis of all modern web applications.
- Experience as a user experience designer, interaction designer, user interface designer, or similar role, with a solid portfolio demonstrating strong user experience design skills
- Team Player. Experience working in a collaborative team and working directly with developers for implementation of designs.
- Experience designing products for web and mobile devices
- An analytical capacity to allow you to quickly pinpoint a problem and suggest the best solution
- Understand the impact of software design on customers
- Experience in technical writing
- Understand customer engagement metrics and develop an analytical approach to improving all aspects of the software platform putting the users first
- Strong collaboration and interpersonal skills required to engage with a wide range of internal product stakeholders.
- Comfortable developing concepts and speaking/presenting to people of various skill levels
- Excellent written and verbal communication: for presenting your ideas and communicating every aspect of your designs to the relevant departments.
- Strong project management and time management skills
If you are the type of person who could add value to our company, we would like to hear from you.
Please send a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org