At Avvio, we hire people who are eager to contribute to our culture, and we empower them to do just that. We take pride in thinking beyond our day-to-day jobs, and encourage you to actively seek out opportunities to create the type of work environment that you want to be a part of.
Our Design team produces amazing results, and we are significantly growing the scale and scope. We require a a highly motivated full time Web Developer with a great work ethic to join the Avvio team in Limerick. To be considered for this role you will be an experienced Web Developer with a strong track record of outstanding organisational and commuication skills.
Reporting directly to the Head of Design this person will play a vital role in our design team.
- Development of custom websites in WordPress.
- Maintaining existing websites and handling new updates.
- Testing and bug fixing on existing and new website builds.
- Researching and testing new widgets, plugins, scripts and functionality.
- Learn from and contribute to and advance our WordPress development practices.
- Work closely with our software team to maintain our WP Engine environment and integrate various priopriety solutions.
Key skills required:
- The Ideal candidate must have –
- Programming/Software Development degree or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge of MySQL, SaSS and Git beneficial.
- Experience in developing responsive, high performing, end-to-end websites.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills – able to propose several viable solutions to complex problems.
- Passionate about technology, design and quality of work.
- Have excellent communication skills – able to make clear and meaningful contributions to design discussions and offer innovative solutions to complex problems.
- Able to offer concise and regular updates on progress and highlight issues in order to allow preventative action to be taken.
- Can operate effectively in a fast-paced, deadline driven, collaborative and interactive programming environment.
- Ability to develop and debug on multiple operating systems and devices.
- Contribute clean, secure and maintainable code.
- Excellent organisation and time management skills with the ability to prioritise own workload and work to exacting deadlines.
- Keep abreast of industry standards/practises.
- Willing to learn and take direction from other senior members of the team.
- Proficient in English.
If you are the type of person who could add value to our company, we would like to hear from you.
Please send a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org