Day 7: There was an alarming number of selfie sticks on Santa’s list this year…
It should come as no surprise that more than 60% of searches are performed on mobile. Mobile is surpassing desktop at an alarming rate and shows no signs of slowing down.
So you need to ask: ‘Is your website mobile friendly?’ We know all about the advantages of having a mobile responsive site, and your website needs to be able to load quickly and perform seamlessly on a mobile device, or you run the risk of the user bouncing off to a competitor.
Think you can compete on a desktop?
- 7% search overall growth in Q3 2018 YOY for people looking for hotels in Ireland
- 63% of searches came from mobile which shows that people are now using their mobile more than ever for on-the-go search. We were already searching for the festive period on their smartphones in Q3.
- Make sure you use festive videos so that visitors can visualise themselves in your hotel room, lobby or restaurant. These videos can be posted on your social media channels and also on YouTube. Take full advantage of the festive season and embrace this opportunity to promote content to potential and returning guests.
- Encourage User Generated Content so that people can share their experience at your property. Get guests to share pictures or videos of their stay on Instagram. If budget allows, incentivise them with a ‘hashtag and tag’ competition.
- When advertising vouchers, remember to keep the purchasing process as simple as possible. A mobile user wants as few steps as possible when completing a task. Accommodate this browsing behaviour and you will reduce abandonment rates, thereby improving your conversion rates.
Our in-house Digital Experts are already giving exposure to your key offers on paid ads on Google and Bing, but feel free to send on any other key offers to your E-commerce manager. We can then push these on both the ad copy and also ad extensions such as Sitelinks, Promotion, Price extensions all of which can deep link into the booking engine from mobile. For more information, contact Avvio’ award-winning Digital Team email@example.com.