Across the industry, we are seeing more and more fantastic stories of both establishments and their employees doing what they do best, and offering their support to their local community and frontline workers.
- Adare Manor has helped its local community by serving meals to those who are isolating with no relatives or friends that can help.
- Crieff Hydro owners put a Scottish spin on the Nationwide ‘Clap for Carers’ by delivering a special performance. Watch the video here.
- Castle Leslie prepared and delivered lunches to their local Fire Station, Garda Station, Hospital and Ambulance Station.
- Galgorm Collection donated £750k of experience vouchers to frontline staff NHS.
In celebration of Easter, we saw many individuals and companies working together to spread Easter cheer to those on the frontline and to ensure children received their treats from the Easter Bunny.
- Police in the UK aided a chocolate company with the delivery of Easter eggs to children and NHS staff.
- The Limerick Strand Hotel delivers easter goodies to the ICU department at the University of Limerick Hospital.
- Gardai in Dublin assisted the Easter Bunny in delivering eggs to the Temple Street Children’s Hospital.
Everyone can be a Hero
From all walks of life, ordinary people show that everyone can do something to support the Covid19 response.
- It’s a story that has captured the hearts of a nation! Captain Tom Moore – a 99-year-old British war veteran has raised an incredible £18 million pounds for the NHS, by walking 100 lengths of his garden before turning 100. Click here to donate to his JustGiving page.
- A teacher in the UK has taken it upon himself to ensure that over 100 of his in-need pupils do not go without meals.
The Gift of Giving
Here at Avvio, we have come together to create an online Digital Academy tailored specifically to the hospitality industry. Whether you are one of our valued customers or have not worked with us before, we are offering the Hotel Digital Academy free of charge for anyone to join. Our aim is to provide online learning modules, webinars and guides to help upskill hoteliers during this crucial time. The Digital Academy started on a high with over 1000 attendees from various hotel establishments signing up in the first week! We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to come together and better prepare for the upturn.
Sign up here: https://academy.avvio.com/register/
Light it blue
It has been amazing to see famous landmarks across the UK light up blue to show support for the NHS staff on the frontline.
Shine a light
People of Ireland were urged to ‘Shine a light’ during the Easter weekend as a show of unity in tackling Covid-19. People’s homes, iconic buildings, hotels, airports and lighthouses were amongst the many places shining a light in this amazing gesture of hope.
#Allinthistogether #Supportlocalbusiness #Selfisolationhelpmoments #StayHomeSaveLives #SocialDistancing #EasterAtHome #HappyAtHome