Covid-19 has affected every single person in some form or another and the general news can lead to a lot of us feeling dismayed and seeking positive stories amidst this crisis.
Here at Avvio, we are purposefully collating positive news stories to give you that ‘feel good’ Friday feeling.
- Sandymount Hotel – Dublin’s oldest, Independent family-run hotel celebrates 65 years in business this May! Despite the difficult circumstances they’ve been doing what they can to support their community and have been offering their shuttle bus and van service to anyone in the local community who requires assistance.
- Adare Manor generously donates a skin temperature monitoring system to University Hospital Limerick in an effort to minimise the risk of Covid-19 infection among patients and staff.
- Boutique Hotelier has put together the ‘best of the best’ initiatives launched from hotels around the UK. The initiatives all have one common theme and that is to offer some relief to the NHS using their resourcefulness and optimism.
- Oxford University has launched the first human trial for the coronavirus vaccine. Over 800 volunteers have selflessly signed up to take part to help scientists in their fight against Covid-19.
- Sally Orange, a former Army medic, has adapted her London Marathon challenge in the hopes of raising money for the NHS charity and Frontline Children.
- Police officers in Florida showed their full support to Florida’s healthcare workers in a lovely gesture outside the Lee Memorial Hospital.
- In a bid to support the mental wellbeing of frontline workers a crowdfunding campaign has collected funds to start providing free positive news magazines to NHS staff.
Acts of Kindness
- Adopt a Grandparent campaign which began in the UK to help combat loneliness started with 130 local volunteers, this has now reached more than 75,000 volunteers from across the world.
- Sir David Attenborough is set to begin teaching lessons on geography via the BBC for children being homeschooled during the lockdown.
- BBC ‘Big night in’ has managed to raise over £67 million for Children in Need and Comic Relief.
- The incredible Colonel Tom Moore celebrated his 100th birthday yesterday after raising an unbelievable £31 million for the NHS!
Here are a few of our favourite tweets this week
#Allinthistogether #Supportlocalbusiness #Selfisolationhelpmoments #StayHomeSaveLives #SocialDistancing #HappyAtHome