How do I download and install the WinAuth application to my PC?
If you have decided you will be using a PC to decrypt credit card information for Reservations and have the chosen the WinAuth option, then you will need to download the WinAuth application to your PC.
Please follow these steps exactly:
IMPORTANT NOTE: You must use your Authenticator on your own Windows login. You are responsible for any credit card access that is carried out on your login.
If multiple people use the same machine to access card data from Avvio, it’s extremely important that they have all their own unique login to that machine. Otherwise they will be opening the same instance of the Authenticator application. Each user account on Avvio will be associated to a particular instance of that authenticator application and only that user will be able to decrypt card data from it. So if multiple people access the machine, they must have their own login to that machine and install the application to their own profile. Failure to do so is in breach of PCI Data Security Standards. You may need to consult with your I.T. team if you plan to use this option.
Step 1- Download WinAuth to your PC.
1. Click the following link on your PC.
2. Click on the link/zip file under the following message
“This is the latest stable version of WinAuth.”
This will automatically start to download the .zip file
Click on the .zip file (if not showing in your browser go to your Downloads folder).
Right click on the .exe file and copy it to your desktop (this is for opening the application after installation)
Double-click on the WinAuth.exe file.
Note: If you have trouble installing an exe file on your machine, you may need to speak with your I.T. team
Click the “Add” button, then choose “Authenticator”
Step 2 – Configure Authenticator App with Avvio
From November 28th, when an authorised PCI user logs in for the first time, they will be presented with the authentication setup screen. You must be able to see that screen to proceed with this step.
1. Login into your Avvio account. The Authorisation screen should be open by default, if not click the Home tab.
Jump to Step 2 and copy the 32 digit Secret to the right of the QR code
2. Paste the 32 digit secret into the “Secret Key” text box on the WinAuth text area beside the “Decode” button.
Press the Decode button.
3. Click the “Verify Authenticator” button. This will start the 6 digit codes appearing at the bottom which will change every 30 secs
4. Go back to your Avvio system login.
Jump to Step 3. Enter your 6 digit code into the text area beside Verify Code.
5. Click Verify Code
You should now see the message “Authenticator App Setup successful” on your PC
6. Click “OK” on the WinAuth application
On the new window that opens enter a new password for your login to the WinAuth application. Please store this privately & securely as it will be associated with your access to this account. Then click “OK.
7. WinAuth will stay open. You can get a new 6 digit code which can be used to access credit card information on Avvio Reservations by hitting the “Refresh” icon. The 6 digit codes will be active for 30 secs.
You can minimise the application if you wish.
How do I retrieve card details on reservations via the WinAuth application?
1. On your PC, open the Reservation Details page on the Avvio system for the transaction you wish to decrypt credit card details for.
2. Open the WinAuth App, entering your private password when required.
3. Enter the current 6 digit code showing on the WinAuth application into the authenticator box in the Card Details section of the reservation and click the “Verify code and decrypt card” button.
4. Enter the security code that appears (highlighted in yellow) on the PC in the box provided and click “Send”.
5. You should now see the credit card info for the relevant reservation.